Millar Healthcare Chair
The Millar chair is a solid and reliable healthcare chair, designed with hospitals and nursing homes in mind. Developed by CHAIRS Limited and Halifax Physiotherapist, Janet Millar, it is constructed of sturdy oak with useful options and accessories that include a meal tray, foot rest and 3” locking casters.
No one else makes a great healthcare chair like this.
- Our 1001 version has a knob which adjusts pitch of seat before patient is seated – 4 pitches available from erect for hip replacements to reclined for resting. The shell of the chair is able to be lifted to help user out of chair. An additional attendant can help from front of chair if required. Cannot be adjusted when seated.
- Our 1002 version has a rocking mechanism which is weight adjustable for rocking motion and is able to be locked in any position. Locking in the reclined position reminds resident to wait for attendant before attempting to get out of chair. Can be adjusted when seated.
The Millar healthcare chair is Ideal for:
- Healthcare – hospitals, nursing homes, patients, residents, alzheimers and dementia patients
- Solid mortise and tenon construction.
- Flame Resistance Standard – California Bulletin 117
- Seat removeable with velcro for cleaning and adjustable for different thigh lengths.
- Height of arms allows easy exit from chair with finger grips.
- Available with padded sides, bolsters, optional tray, lockable 3″ casters and non attached footrest which moves easily for standing.
- 1001 version – knob which adjusts pitch of seat before patient is seated
- 1002 version has rocking mechanism which is weight adjustable for rocking motion and able to be locked in any position.
- All available in health care rated Vinyl or Crypton. California 117 rated foam.
- Anti-Microbial & Anti-Bacterial Protection.
- 100% Canadian made
- 5-year warranty